Static and Dynamic Website Design
What exactly is a website?
The Website is a collection of related web pages that may contain text, images, audio, and video. The first page of a website is called the home page. Each website has a specific internet address (URL) that you need to enter in your browser to access a website.
In Other Word, The definition of a website is a page or collection of pages on the World Wide Web that contains specific information which was all provided by one person or entity and traces back to a common Uniform Resource Locator (URL).
A company or an individual tells you how to get to their Web site by giving you the address of their home page. From the home page, you can get to all the other pages on their site. For example, the Web site for FreyaInfosys has the home page address of https://www.freyainfosys.com/. FreyaInfosys home page address leads to thousands of pages.
Websites can be divided into two types based on the nature of development and the functions they perform, they are- Static website and Dynamic website. In this write-up, we have discussed the difference between the two websites and their advantages and disadvantages.
Type of website
- Static Website
- Dynamic Website
A static website contains Web pages with fixed content. Each page is coded in HTML and displays the same information to every visitor. Static sites are the most basic type of website and are the easiest to create. Unlike dynamic websites, they do not require any Web programming or database design. A static site can be built by simply creating a few HTML pages and publishing them to a Web server.
In technical terms, a static website is developed in HTML and CSS languages. It consists of a series of coded files that are created to represent the various physical pages on the site. These websites are quick and easy to develop. They are cost-efficient and are the perfect choice for small businesses. A static website feels much like an online brochure with forms and hyperlinks which enable its potential customers to view different pages on the screen. The pages on a static website once created will remain static and cannot be updated or changed without coding skills. That is, if a novice business owner wants to update certain information on his/her static website, he/she would have to get a website developer to perform the needful task.
- Time-Saving: The biggest advantage of a static website is that it is quick to develop. A professional web developer can develop a static website much faster than a dynamic one.
- Cost-Effective: Unlike a dynamic website, static websites are cheaper to develop. They are apt for businesses working on a shoestring budget.
- Inexpensive Hosting: Static websites can get dedicated servers at a cheaper price and that too with much ease.
- Fast Transferring: Static websites do not have complex structures like a dynamic website and can be easily and quickly transferred from server to client without much processing time.
- Difficult To Change: The biggest disadvantage of a static website is that its content cannot be changed easily. Any novice cannot update the content. It requires the expertise of a web developer to update, add or change any content on a static website. All the HTML files would need to be individually changed even for a slight change made to the website.
- Not Good For The Long Run: A static website is not apt for the long run as any business would need to make a number of updates to be in sync with the latest trends. In order to make changes, one would have to change each page file again and again.
- Limited Functionality: A static website does not offer all the functionalities that a dynamic website can. One can add text, images, videos, and hyperlinks in the content but other than that, there are no other special functions that a static website can perform.
Dynamic websites contain Web pages that are generated in real-time. These pages include Web scripting code, such as PHP or ASP. When a dynamic page is accessed, the code within the page is parsed on the Web server and the resulting HTML is sent to the client’s Web browser. A dynamic website is a collection of dynamic web pages whose content changes dynamically. It accesses content from a database or Content Management System (CMS). Therefore, when you alter or update the content of the database, the content of the website is also altered or updated.
Dynamic websites, on the other hand, can be more expensive to develop initially, but the advantages are numerous. At a basic level, a dynamic website can give the website owner the ability to simply update and add new content to the site. For example, news and events could be posted to the site through a simple browser interface.
- Easy To Update: The biggest advantage of a dynamic website is that it can be easily updated as per the needs of the business owner. No expert knowledge is needed in changing the dynamic website and any a single change in the template file would bring the design change in all the pages with that particular file.
- Interactive: Dynamic websites interact with the users and changes according to their behavior.
- Quick To Responsiveness: A dynamic website can be quickly updated to become responsive to various screen sizes that were impossible with a static one.
- Smooth Navigation: A dynamic website offers smoother navigation and lets the user jump from one page to the other without any problem.
- Higher Cost: Dynamic websites can cost big bucks in their development and even the hosting cost is high. However, once developed they would not cost additional money for any updates or changes.
- Slow Processing: Having a number of functions to perform with complex technology, the dynamic websites becomes slower to process and load. After going through the advantages and disadvantages of both dynamic and static websites, a conclusion that can be formed is that a dynamic website, although costing high, is a better approach for website development. It is a one-time investment and can be beneficial for scaling any business online.
Way to GO
Freya Infosys professionals in web services like website development, software development, open source customization, E-Commerce website development, Gaming Application development, and mobile application development. The company offers customized solutions for website design and development and a barrage of options to allow their business to grow.
Get inspirational with Freya Infosys! Visit www.freyainfosys.com and live chat with our technical experts to get more details about our Static and Dynamic website design and development.
If you want immediate support to create your Website, keep in touch with us or call us at
+91 94268-28150 / 99245-16763